Bhopal, a city with a history of resilience, has seen its fair share of challenges, including the infamous Bhopal Gas Tragedy. However, these N.G.O.s have risen to the occasion in the face of adversity, proving that the power of collective action and the spirit of service can bring about transformative change.
In the upcoming sections, we will explore the invaluable contributions of these organizations. From providing healthcare to survivors of the gas tragedy to protecting the region’s biodiversity, these N.G.O.s have left an indelible mark on the city. They represent the unwavering commitment of individuals and communities to make a positive impact, and their stories will inspire you to join the noble cause of social betterment.
Here is the list of the top 5 N.G.O.s in Bhopal:
1-Anunay Education and Welfare Society, Bhopal
Address: M.I.G., 32, Sumitra parisar, Phase 1, Kolar Rd, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462042
Anunay Education and Welfare Society (AE&WS) is a non-profit organization based in Bhopal, India. It was founded in 2016 to provide quality education and welfare services to underprivileged children in slums and rural areas. The organization primarily focuses on providing education, healthcare, and vocational training to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
AE&WS runs several programs to achieve its mission, including:
- Setu Centers: These centres provide free education to children from slums and rural areas. The curriculum includes basic literacy, numeracy, and life skills.
- Health Camps: AE&WS organizes regular health camps to provide free medical checkups and treatment to children and their families.
- Vocational Training: The organization provides vocational training to youth to help them gain skills and employment opportunities.
2-Think for Smile Foundation, Bhopal
Address: Near Manik Agencies, Zone-I, Maharana Pratap Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462011
Think for Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization in Bhopal, India, that works to provide education, healthcare, and other essential services to underprivileged children and communities. The organization was founded in 2018 by a group of young social workers passionate about making a difference in the lives of the poor and marginalized.
Think for Smile Foundation runs a number of programs, including:
- Educational support: The organization provides academic support to underprivileged children through scholarships, school supplies, and after-school tutoring.
- Healthcare: The organization provides free or low-cost healthcare services to underprivileged children and communities.
- Skill development: The organization provides skill development training to youth and adults, helping them to develop the skills they need to get good jobs.
- Community development: The organization works to improve the lives of underprivileged communities by providing access to clean water, sanitation, and other essential services.
Think for Smile Foundation is funded through individual donations, corporate sponsorships, and government grants. It also relies on the support of volunteers, who play a vital role in delivering its programs and services.
3-Manav Vikas Seva Sangh, Bhopal
Address: Manav Vikas Seva Sangh,Raising Road, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462001, India
Manav Vikas Seva Sangh (Manav Vikas) is a non-profit organization in Bhopal, India that works for the development of the poor and marginalized. The organization was founded in 1969 by the Catholic Diocese of Sagar and is registered under the M.P. Firms and Societies Act 1973.
This organization works in various areas, including education, healthcare, livelihood, and women empowerment. The organization has implemented a number of successful projects in Bhopal and surrounding areas.
Here are some of Manav Vikas’s key programs and services:
- Education: Manav Vikas runs a number of schools and educational programs for underprivileged children. The organization also provides scholarships and other support to help children continue their education.
- Healthcare: Manav Vikas runs a number of healthcare centres and programs for underprivileged communities. The organization also provides free or low-cost healthcare services to those in need.
- Livelihood: Manav Vikas provides training and support to help people develop sustainable livelihoods. The organization also promotes microfinance and other initiatives that help people start their businesses.
- Women empowerment: Manav Vikas works to empower women and girls through education, training, and other initiatives. The organization also works to address issues such as gender-based violence and discrimination.
Here are some of the ways that you can support Manav Vikas:
- Donate: You can make a one-time or recurring donation to Manav Vikas online or by mail. Your donation will help to support the organization’s programs and services.
- Volunteer your time: Manav Vikas relies on the support of volunteers to deliver its programs and services. You can volunteer your time in various ways, such as teaching classes, mentoring youth, or helping organize events.
- Spread awareness: You can help spread awareness about Manav Vikas’s work by sharing information about the organization on social media, talking to your friends and family, and attending Manav Vikas events.
4-Madhya Pradesh Viklang Sahayta Samiti, Bhopal
Address: 797G+VR6, Cashman Garden, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462030
The Madhya Pradesh Viklang Sahayta Samiti (MPVSS) is a non-profit organization that works for the welfare of people with disabilities in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The organization was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Bhopal.
MPVSS provides people with disabilities access to education, healthcare, employment, and other services. Some of the organization’s key initiatives include:
- Education: MPVSS runs two special schools in Bhopal that provide education to children with disabilities. The organization also provides scholarships and other support to help students with disabilities continue their education.
- Healthcare: MPVSS runs a disability rehabilitation centre in Bhopal that provides medical and rehabilitation services to people with disabilities. The organization also provides health insurance plans for people with disabilities.
- Employment: MPVSS runs programs to help people with disabilities find employment. The organization also provides skill development training for people with disabilities.
Here are some ways to support MPVSS:
- Donate: You can donate to MPVSS online or by mail.
- Volunteer: MPVSS needs volunteers to help with various programs and services.
- Raise awareness: You can raise awareness about MPVSS among your friends, family, and on social media.
5-Swami Vivekananda Shiksha Samiti, Bhopal
Address: M – 20 / 3 – A, Sector 3 Shakti Nagar, Saket Nagar, Habib Ganj, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462024
Swami Vivekananda Shiksha Samiti (SVSS) is a non-profit organization in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. The organization was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Bhopal.
SVSS works in rural and urban areas in education, health, environment, and empowerment. Some of the organization’s key initiatives include:
- Education: SVSS runs several schools and educational programs in Bhopal that educate children from rural and urban areas. The organization also provides scholarships and other support to students.
- Health: SVSS runs several health centres and programs in Bhopal that offer health services to people from rural and urban areas. The organization also provides literacy and health awareness programs to people.
- Environment: SVSS runs several environmental programs in Bhopal that raise awareness about environmental conservation. The organization runs tree planting, water conservation, and waste management programs.
- Empowerment: SVSS runs programs for the empowerment of women and children. The organization provides women with skill development training and opportunities for self-employment.
In conclusion, Bhopal boasts a vibrant N.G.O. sector that actively contributes to the community’s welfare, the environment, and various social causes. These top 5 N.G.O.s and many others in the city serve as beacons of hope, inspiring positive change and significantly impacting the lives of those they touch. Their unwavering dedication and commitment remind us of the power of collective action and the difference we can make when we work together for a better future.