Nestled in the heart of India, Bihar is a state that boasts a rich tapestry of history, culture, and natural beauty. Yet, it is also a place where socio-economic challenges have persisted, affecting the lives of millions. In the face of these challenges, a remarkable group of organizations has risen to the occasion, committed to reshaping the narrative of Bihar and catalyzing positive change. In this blog, we embark on a journey to uncover the stories and impact of the top 5 NGOs in Bihar.
Join us on this journey of inspiration and change as we shine a spotlight on the top 5 NGOs in Bihar and discover the stories of resilience, compassion, and unwavering commitment that are shaping the destiny of this diverse and dynamic state.
Here is the list of the top 5 NGOs in Bihar:
1-Shoshit Seva Sangh, Bihar
Address:103, A Block, Mithilesh Kamini Apartments, Road No. 3E, New Patliputra Colony, Patna, 800013
Shoshit Seva Sangh (SSS) is a non-profit organization working to uplift the Musahar community, one of the most marginalized communities in India. The community is largely landless and impoverished and faces discrimination and social exclusion.
SSS also runs a number of other programs, including:
- Vocational training: SSS provides vocational training to Musahar adults in tailoring, carpentry, and welding areas. This training helps them to find gainful employment and improve their economic status.
- Microfinance: SSS provides microfinance loans to Musahar women to start their businesses. This helps them to become financially independent and improve their families’ lives.
- Healthcare: SSS provides services to Musahar communities, including health education, preventive care, and treatment for common illnesses.
SSS’s work has significantly impacted the lives of the Musahar people. The organization has helped to improve access to education, employment, and healthcare for thousands of Musahars. This has led to increased opportunities and improved quality of life for the community.
2-Azad India Foundation, Bihar
Address: Line Mohalla, Kishanganj, Bihar 855107
Azad India Foundation (AIF) is a non-profit organization promoting rural development and women empowerment in Bihar. AIF was founded in 1998 and is based in Kishanganj district.
AIF’s work focuses on the following areas:
- Women’s literacy and empowerment: AIF provides literacy and vocational training to women, helps them to start their businesses, and raises awareness about their rights.
- Rural employment: AIF helps to create employment opportunities for rural people through skill development programs and support for self-employment ventures.
- Child education: AIF supports formal and non-formal education for children, especially girls.
- Healthcare: AIF provides essential healthcare services to rural communities, including immunization, maternal and child health care, and treatment for common illnesses.
- Community development: AIF works to improve the overall living conditions of rural communities through programs on water and sanitation, agriculture, and natural resource management.
AIF’s work has significantly impacted the lives of thousands of people in Bihar. The organization has helped to improve access to education, employment, healthcare, and other essential services for rural communities. AIF is a valuable asset to Bihar and is helping to create a more just and equitable society.
3-Gramin Evam Nagar Vikas Parishad (GENVP), Bihar
Address: Tulsi Vatika, Gramin Evam Nagar Vikas Parishad Flat no. – 11 Apartment, Patliputra Colony Rd, near Alpana Market, Patna, Bihar 800013
Gramin Evam Nagar Vikas Parishad (GENVP) is a non-profit organization promoting rural and urban development in Bihar, India. The organization was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Patna.
Some of GENVP’s major programs include:
- Education: GENVP has built and supported over 100 schools and colleges in Bihar. The organization provides free education, scholarships to children, and training for teachers.
- Health: GENVP has built and supported over 50 health centres and clinics in Bihar. The organization runs health education and awareness programs and provides free health care to people experiencing poverty.
- Economic development: GENVP supports rural development programs in Bihar, such as agriculture, water resource management, and rural industries. The organization provides agricultural training, entrepreneurship skills to rural women, and finance to rural enterprises.
- Social justice and inclusion: GENVP supports programs for women’s empowerment, child rights, and marginalized groups. The organization provides self-defence training for women, raises awareness against child sexual abuse, and creates economic opportunities for marginalized groups.
GENVP is a valuable asset to Bihar. The organization’s work is helping to make Bihar a more just and equitable society for all.
4-Vikalp Sansthan, Bihar
Address:2nd Floor, Akashdeep Bhawan10, Rajendra Prasad Marg,Patna – 800001,Bihar, India
Vikalp Sansthan is a non-profit organization that works for gender equality and women’s empowerment in Bihar, India. The organization was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Patna.
Vikalp Sansthan’s mission is to create a society in Bihar where women have equal rights and opportunities. The organization works in the following areas to achieve its mission:
- Education: Vikalp Sansthan ensures that girls and women can access quality education. The organization supports schools and colleges, provides scholarships, and provides training to teachers.
- Employment: Vikalp Sansthan works to create economic opportunities for women. The organization provides skills training and entrepreneurship support and advocates for policies that promote gender equality in the workplace.
- Legal aid: Vikalp Sansthan provides legal assistance to women who have been victims of gender-based violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
- Social awareness: Vikalp Sansthan works to raise awareness about gender equality and women’s empowerment. The organization conducts workshops and campaigns to promote gender equality.
Vikalp Sansthan is a valuable asset to Bihar. The organization’s work is helping to create a more just and equitable society for women in Bihar.
5-Child Fund India, Bihar
Address:3rd Floor, Bihar Chamber of Commerce & Industries (BCC&I) Building,Patna – 800001,Bihar, India
ChildFund India is a child development organization working in Bihar to improve the lives of children from marginalized communities. The organization works in the following areas:
- Education: ChildFund India ensures that all children in Bihar have access to quality education, regardless of their background. The organization provides scholarships, builds schools, and trains teachers.
- Health: ChildFund India works to improve children’s health in Bihar by providing access to clean water, sanitation, and healthcare. The organization also works to prevent child malnutrition and stunting.
- Protection: ChildFund India protects children from violence, abuse, and exploitation. The organization provides legal aid to children who have been harmed and works to raise awareness about child protection issues.
- Livelihoods: ChildFund India works to help children in Bihar develop the skills and knowledge they need to earn a living. The organization provides vocational training and supports children to start their businesses.
ChildFund India is a valuable partner for the government of Bihar in its efforts to improve the lives of children in the state. The organization’s work is helping to create a brighter future for children in Bihar.
In conclusion, Bihar is home to several NGOs dedicated to improving the lives of its residents. These organizations work tirelessly to address various social and economic challenges facing the state. While these are five noteworthy NGOs, many others also deserve recognition for their vital contributions to Bihar’s development. Support and engagement with these organizations can help create a brighter future for the people of Bihar.