In this blog, we will take you on a heartwarming journey through the top 5 orphanages in Chandigarh, shedding light on their incredible work, the lives they touch, and the difference they make in the lives of countless children. These orphanages are not just buildings but beacons of hope, offering shelter, education, and, most importantly, a loving family to those most in need.
As we delve into the details of these remarkable institutions, you’ll understand that they are not merely organizations but extended families, providing a nurturing environment where children can grow, thrive, and dream. Let’s embark on this inspiring exploration and discover these orphanages’ invaluable contributions to the Chandigarh community.
Here is the list of the top orphanages in Chandigarh
1-Bal Sadan Association, Chandigarh
Bal Sadan Association is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1996. It is located in Sector 12A, Panchkula, Chandigarh. The organization provides orphaned and destitute girls shelter, food, education, and medical care. The association currently has 35 girls in the age group of 5 to 18 years. The girls receive free education in well-known schools and colleges in Panchkula and Chandigarh. They also receive medical care and counselling.
Here are the ways you can support the Bal Sadan Association:
- Donate money: You can donate money to the association through its website or by sending a cheque to its address.
- Volunteer your time: You can volunteer at the association by helping with the children’s education, healthcare, or general care.
- Spread awareness: You can spread awareness about the association by sharing its information on social media or telling your friends and family about it.
2-Bal Niketan Society Secy, Chandigarh
Bal Niketan Society Secy is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1958. It is located in Sector 15, Chandigarh. The organization provides shelter, food, education, and medical care to orphaned and destitute children. The society currently has 100 children in the age group of 2 to 18 years. The children receive free education in well-known schools and colleges in Chandigarh. They also receive medical care and counselling.
Here are some of the specific services that Bal Niketan Society Secy provides:
- Shelter: The society provides safe and comfortable housing for the children. The homes are clean and well-maintained, and the children can access all necessities.
- Food: The society provides nutritious and well-balanced meals to the children. The meals are prepared by qualified chefs and are served in a clean and hygienic environment.
- Education: Society provides free education to children in well-known schools and colleges. The children are supported throughout their educational journey, from preschool to university.
- Medical care: Society provides access to quality medical care for children. Qualified doctors and nurses see the children and have access to all necessary medical supplies.
- Counselling: The society provides counselling to the children to help them cope with their challenges. The counsellors are trained professionals who can help the children develop coping mechanisms and build healthy relationships.
Bal Niketan Society Secy is a valuable resource for orphaned and destitute children in Chandigarh. The organization provides the children with the support they need to thrive and reach their full potential.
3-United Voluntary Youth Society, Chandigarh
Sure. United Voluntary Youth Society (UVYS) is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1975. It is located in Sector 15, Chandigarh. The organization provides various services to the community, including education, healthcare, and social welfare. One of the leading programs of UVYS is its education program. The organization runs several schools and colleges, providing free education to underprivileged children. UVYS also provides scholarships and other financial assistance to help students continue their education.
Here are the ways you can support the United Voluntary Youth Society:
- Donate money: You can donate money to the organization through its website or by sending a cheque to its address.
- Volunteer your time: You can volunteer at the organization by helping with education, healthcare, or any other program.
- Spread awareness: You can spread awareness about the organization by sharing its information on social media or telling your friends and family about it.
4-Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation, Chandigarh
Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation (SNCF) is a non-profit organization founded in 1980 by Sant Nirankari Mission. The foundation is headquartered in Delhi, India, but it has branches worldwide, including Chandigarh.
It does this through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
- Healthcare: The foundation operates several hospitals and clinics in Chandigarh, providing free healthcare to the poor and needy. The foundation also offers medical camps and outreach programs to reach people in remote areas.
- Education: The foundation runs several schools and colleges in Chandigarh, providing free education to underprivileged children. The foundation also provides scholarships and other financial assistance to help students continue their education.
- Social welfare: The foundation provides homeless food, shelter, and clothing. The foundation also runs programs to help women and children and to promote environmental sustainability.
- Disaster relief: The foundation comforts victims of natural disasters and other emergencies.
5-Shri Radha Soami Satsang Beas, Chandigarh
Shri Radha Soami Satsang Beas (RSSB) is a spiritual organization founded in 1891 by Shiv Dayal Singh, a Hindu saint. The organization is based in Beas, Punjab, India, but has branches worldwide.
The RSSB orphanage in Chandigarh was founded in 1951. It provides orphaned and destitute children shelter, food, education, and medical care. The orphanage currently has 60 children in the age group of 2 to 18 years.
Here are some of the specific programs and services that the RSSB orphanage in Chandigarh offers:
- Education: The children are enrolled in government schools and receive free tuition and uniforms. They also receive tutoring and other support to help them succeed in school.
- Medical care: The children receive regular checkups and treatment for any medical problems. They also have access to dental care and other specialized services.
- Counselling: The children receive counselling to help them deal with the emotional challenges of being orphaned or destitute.
- Life skills training: The children receive training in life skills, such as cooking, cleaning, and personal finance.
- Recreation: The children participate in various recreational activities, such as sports, games, and arts and crafts.
The RSSB orphanage in Chandigarh is a valuable resource for the children of Chandigarh. It provides them with the opportunity to have a better life and to reach their full potential.
As we conclude our exploration, it’s important to remember that these orphanages depend on the generosity of individuals, organizations, and the community. Whether through financial contributions, volunteering your time, or simply spreading the word about their noble efforts, you can make a difference in the lives of these children.
Chandigarh’s orphanages are not just a testament to the city’s beauty in architecture but also to the beauty of its people. They serve as a reminder that amidst life’s challenges, there is always room for compassion, love, and the opportunity to impact the lives of those less fortunate positively.