In the heart of Bihar, a state often known for its rich culture and history, organizations work tirelessly to create a brighter future for the less privileged. These organizations, known as Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), are the unsung heroes of society, quietly making a significant impact on the lives of individuals in need. In this blog, we will spotlight the top 5 NGOs in Patna, the capital city of Bihar.
Our journey through this blog will introduce you to the remarkable work of these NGOs, showcasing their commitment to making Patna a better place for all. These NGOs are not just aid providers; they are catalysts for community development, change-makers in the lives of the underprivileged, and a testament to the power of compassion and dedication. Join us as we explore the top NGOs in Patna, their impactful initiatives, and the stories of transformation they create in the lives of countless individuals.
Here is the list of the top 7 NGOs in Patna:
1-Human Rights Development Foundation NGO, Lucknow
Address: First Floor, 529-A/1149/12, Pant Nagar, Khurram Nagar, Alok Nagar, Kalyanpur, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226022, India.
The Human Rights Development Foundation (HRDF) is a Patna-based NGO that promotes and protects human rights, democracy, and peace. It was established in 2000 by human rights academics and a human rights lawyer.
If you are looking for an NGO in Lucknow that works in the field of human rights, here are a few options:
- Human Rights Defenders Association (HRDA)
- All India Human Rights Association (AIHRA)
- Citizens for Justice and Peace (CJP)
- Association for Protection of Civil Rights (APCR)
- Human Rights Law Network (HRLN)
These NGOs work on various human rights issues, including the rights of women, children, minorities, and marginalized groups. They provide legal aid, counselling, and other support to victims of human rights violations.
2-East & West Educational Society NGO, Patna
Address: J566+5XM, Arogya Mandir Hospital Compound, Nala Road, Patna, Bihar 800004
The East & West Educational Society (E&WES) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Patna, Bihar, India. It was founded in 1987 and works for educating and developing children and youth from marginalized communities.
E&WES’s primary focus areas include:
- Education: E&WES runs non-formal education centres for children unable to attend regular schools. It also provides scholarships to students from marginalized communities to pursue higher education.
- Vocational training: E&WES provides vocational training programs to youth from marginalized communities to help them develop skills and find employment.
- Community development: E&WES works to empower communities and promote sustainable development. It runs programs in areas such as health, hygiene, and sanitation.
E&WES is a valuable asset to the community of Patna. Its work helps improve the lives of children and youth from marginalized communities by providing them access to education, vocational training, and other support services.
3-Indian Red Cross Society, Patna City Branch, Patna
Address: H6WG+776, Bihar State Branch, North Gandhi Maidan, Patna, Bihar 800001
The Indian Red Cross Society, Patna City Branch (IRCS-PCB) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) that provides humanitarian assistance to people in need in Patna and surrounding areas. It is part of the Indian Red Cross Society, a national organization affiliated with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The IRCS-PCB was founded in 1920 and has an extended community service history. It provides a variety of services, including:
- Blood donation and transfusion: The IRCS-PCB operates a blood bank that collects and stores blood for transfusion to needy patients. It also organizes blood donation camps and raises awareness about the importance of blood donation.
- First aid and disaster relief: The IRCS-PCB provides first aid training and disaster relief services. It also trains volunteers to respond to emergencies and assist victims of disasters.
- Community health and welfare: The IRCS-PCB provides various community health and welfare services, such as health camps, nutrition programs, and support to vulnerable groups such as women and children.
4-Mahila Shishu Evam Jan vikas Samiti, Patna
Address: House No, 154, West Boring Canal Rd, beside Udhyan Hospital, Anandpuri, Patna, Bihar 800001
The Mahila Shishu Evam Jan Vikas Samiti (MSJVS) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Patna, Bihar, India. It was founded in 1988 to work for the development of women, children, and communities.
MSJVS’s primary focus areas include:
- Women’s empowerment: MSJVS works to promote women’s rights and capabilities. It provides women access to education, skills development, and economic opportunities.
- Child development: MSJVS promotes children’s rights and welfare. It provides children with education, healthcare, and nutrition.
- Community development: MSJVS works to empower communities and make them self-reliant. It provides communities with access to infrastructure, services, and economic opportunities.
Here is a more detailed description of some of the specific projects and initiatives that MSJVS has launched in Patna:
- Women’s empowerment centres:MSJVS has established skills development and employment training centres for women. Women can learn computer training, sewing and embroidery, and other skills at these centres.
- Women’s entrepreneur development program:MSJVS provides programs to help women start their businesses or expand existing businesses.
- Women’s leadership development program:MSJVS provides programs to help women develop leadership skills and capabilities.
- Anganwadi centres:MSJVS has established Anganwadi centres for children. At these centres, children receive education, healthcare, and nutrition.
- Child development program:MSJVS provides children with education, healthcare, and nutrition programs. These programs provide children with nutritious meals, vaccinations, and health checkups.
- Child protection program:MSJVS provides programs to protect children from abuse and neglect.
- Infrastructure development program:MSJVS provides programs to develop roads, water supply, and sanitation facilities in communities.
- Public health program:MSJVS provides health awareness and education programs in communities.
- Economic development program:MSJVS provides communities with access to economic opportunities.
MSJVS is a dedicated and skilled organization working to improve the lives of women, children, and communities.
Dongo is a non-profit organization based in Patna, Bihar, India. It was founded in 2015 by a group of young people passionate about making a difference in their community. DONGO works on a variety of projects, including:
- Education: DONGO provides education and skills training to children and youth in Patna. This includes providing scholarships, tutoring, and vocational training.
- Healthcare: DONGO provides healthcare services to the poor and underserved in Patna. This includes providing free medical care, vaccinations, and health education.
- Community development: DONGO works to improve the quality of life for people in Patna. This includes providing clean water, sanitation, and infrastructure.
Dongo is a valuable organization that makes a real difference in the lives of people in Patna. It is an excellent example of how young people can unite to make a difference in their community.
7-Koshish Charitable Trust, Patna
Address:Abdin House, Mazharul Haque Path, Lodipur, Patna, Bihar 800001
Koshish Charitable Trust is a non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Patna, Bihar, India. It was founded in 1997 by a group of dedicated social activists. Koshish promotes social, economic, and political development for the poor and marginalized people of Bihar.
The NGO has a wide range of programs and services, including:
- Education: Koshish provides education and vocational training to children and youth in Bihar. This includes providing scholarships, tutoring, and vocational training.
- Healthcare: Koshish provides healthcare services to the poor and underserved in Bihar. This includes providing free medical care, vaccinations, and health education.
- Community development: Koshish works to improve the quality of life for people in Bihar. This includes providing clean water, sanitation, and infrastructure.
Koshish is a valuable organization making a difference in people’s lives in Bihar. The organization is a model for other NGOs around the world.
In conclusion, these NGOs play a vital role in improving the lives of people in Patna by addressing various social and developmental issues. Their dedication and efforts contribute to creating a positive impact on the community. It’s important to remember that the landscape of NGOs can change, so it’s a good idea to verify their current activities and rankings for the most up-to-date information.
These NGOs, like the ones mentioned earlier, play a crucial role in addressing the diverse needs of the people in Patna and contributing to the overall development and well-being of the community.