In this blog post, we will explore the top 8 orphanages in Bhubaneswar, shedding light on their incredible work to nurture hope and love in the lives of the children they serve. From offering a stable home environment to providing education, healthcare, and emotional support, these orphanages are beacons of compassion in the city.
Join us on this journey as we delve into the stories behind these institutions, the remarkable individuals behind their operation, and the heartwarming tales of resilience and transformation that emerge from within their walls. Bhubaneswar’s orphanages are not just shelters; they are places where dreams are fostered, talents are nurtured, and futures are built.
Here is the list of the top 8 orphanages in Bhubaneswar:
1-Asha Kiran Children's Home, Bhubaneswar
Asha Kiran Children’s Home in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, is run by the Asha Kiran Foundation. The foundation was founded in 2008 and provides shelter, food, education, and healthcare to orphaned and abandoned girls.
The home currently houses 21 girls aged 5 to 18 years old. The girls are provided with free education, including tuition, books, and uniforms. They are also provided with nutritious food, medical care, and counselling. The home also organizes extracurricular activities for the girls, such as dance, music, and sports.
2-Gyan Jyoti Bal Bhavan, Bhubaneswar
Gyan Jyoti Bal Bhavan is a non-profit organization that provides education and care to underprivileged children in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It was founded in 1998 by a group of social workers concerned about the plight of impoverished children.
The organization runs a daycare, school, and vocational training centre. The daycare centre provides a safe and nurturing environment for children under 6. The school offers education from preschool to grade 12. The vocational training centre provides tailoring, carpentry, and plumbing training.
Gyan Jyoti Bal Bhavan is an essential resource for children in Bhubaneswar. It gives them the education, care, and support they need to succeed. The organization has been recognized for its work by several organizations, including the Indian Council for Child Welfare and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
3-Jagannath Seva Ashram ,Bhubaneswar
Jagannath Seva Ashram is a non-profit organization that provides food, shelter, and medical care to the poor and needy in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It was founded in 1958 by a group of devotees of Lord Jagannath. Donations from individuals, businesses, and foundations fund the Ashram. Volunteers also support it.
The Ashram’s healthcare services include a hospital, a clinic, and a mobile health unit. The hospital provides inpatient and outpatient care for various illnesses and injuries. The clinic offers primary care services, such as vaccinations, family planning, and maternal and child health care. The mobile health unit provides healthcare to rural people with limited access to medical care.
The ashram provides a variety of services to the poor and needy, including:
- Food: The ashram provides free meals to anyone hungry.
- Shelter: The ashram provides temporary shelter to those who are homeless or in need of a place to stay.
- Medical care: The ashram provides basic medical care to those who cannot afford it.
- Spiritual guidance: The ashram provides spiritual guidance to those seeking it.
4-Asha Kiran Children's Home, Bhubaneswar
Asha Kiran Children’s Home is for orphaned and abandoned girls in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is run by the Asha Kiran Foundation, founded in 2008. The Asha Kiran Foundation is a registered non-profit organization. It relies on donations to fund its operations.
The home currently houses 21 girls, aged 5 to 18 years old. The girls receive free education, including tuition, books, and uniforms. They are also provided with nutritious food, medical care, and counseling. The home also organizes extracurricular activities for the girls, such as dance, music, and sports.
5-Nirmala Shishu Bhavan, Bhubaneswar
Nirmala Shishu Bhavan is a home for orphaned and abandoned children in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is run by the Missionaries of Charity, a Catholic religious organization founded by Mother Teresa. The home currently houses over 200 children, aged 0 to 18. The children receive free food, shelter, education, and healthcare.
Nirmala Shishu Bhavan is an important resource for orphaned and abandoned children in Bhubaneswar. It gives them the love, care, and support they need to grow and thrive. They also receive spiritual guidance and support. Donations from individuals, businesses, and foundations fund the home. It also receives support from the Missionaries of Charity’s international network.
Here are some of the services offered by Nirmala Shishu Bhavan:
- Shelter: The home provides a safe and loving home for the children.
- Food: The children are provided with nutritious meals three times a day.
- Education: The children are provided with education from preschool to grade 12.
- Healthcare: The children receive regular medical checkups and treatment for any health problems.
- Spiritual and emotional support: The children receive spiritual and emotional support from the caregivers, teachers, and counselors.
6-Poorna Pragati Seva Samiti, Bhubaneswar
Poorna Pragati Seva Samiti is a non-profit organization that provides education and other services to children with disabilities in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It was founded in 1990 by parents of children with disabilities.
This ia an educational services include a school, a vocational training center, and a library. The school provides education from preschool to grade 12 for children with disabilities. The vocational training center provides training in tailoring, carpentry, and computer programming skills. The library provides students and the general public access to books and other resources.
Here are some of the specific services offered by Poorna Pragati Seva Samiti:
- Education: The school provides specialized education for children with disabilities, including visual impairments, hearing impairments, and physical disabilities. The school also provides support services such as transportation, counseling, and therapy.
- Vocational training: The vocational training center provides training in various skills that can help children with disabilities find employment.
- Rehabilitation: The rehabilitation center provides physical, occupational, and speech therapy to help children with disabilities improve their functional abilities.
- Counseling: The counseling center supports and guides children with disabilities and their families.
- Support groups: The organization organizes support groups for families of children with disabilities.
7-Seva Bharti, Bhubaneswar
Seva Bharti is a voluntary organization that works for the welfare of the poor and underprivileged in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It was founded in 1979 by a group of young people inspired by Swami Vivekananda’s teachings. The organization’s headquarters is located at Patia, Bhubaneswar. It also has several other branches in Bhubaneswar and other parts of Odisha.
Seva Bharti’s work is focused on the following areas:
- Education: Seva Bharti runs several schools and colleges that provide quality education to the poor and underprivileged.
- Healthcare: Seva Bharti runs several hospitals and clinics that provide healthcare to the poor and underprivileged.
- Rural development: Seva Bharti works to improve people’s lives in rural areas through agriculture, education, and healthcare programs.
- Disaster relief: Seva Bharti relieves people affected by natural disasters, such as floods, earthquakes, and droughts.
Seva Bharti is an essential resource for the poor and underprivileged in Bhubaneswar. It gives them the education, healthcare, and opportunities they need to improve their lives. Donations from individuals, businesses, and foundations fund Seva Bharti. Volunteers also support it.
Swadhar Bhubaneswar is a shelter home for destitute women and children in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It is run by the Odisha State Government’s Department of Women and Child Development. The shelter home provides food, shelter, clothing, and medical care to women and children who are in need. It also provides counseling and other support services to help women and children rebuild their lives.
The shelter home is located at Kalinga Vihar, Bhubaneswar. It can be reached by bus or taxi.
Here are some of the specific services provided by Swadhar Bhubaneswar:
- Food and shelter: The shelter home provides free food and shelter to women and children.
- Clothing: The shelter home provides free clothing to women and children.
- Medical care: The shelter home provides free medical care to women and children.
- Counseling: The shelter home provides counseling to women and children who have been victims of abuse or violence.
- Other support services: The shelter home provides other support services to women and children, such as job training and education.
As we conclude our journey through the top orphanages in Bhubaneswar, let’s take a moment to reflect on the profound impact these institutions have on the lives of children and the community at large.
In closing, the top orphanages in Bhubaneswar are more than just facilities; they are sanctuaries of love, care, and hope. They represent the best of human compassion and serve as a testament to the enduring spirit of those who dedicate their lives to improving the lives of others. Let us carry the lessons and inspiration from these orphanages forward, knowing that working together can create a brighter and more compassionate future for all.